Literary Adaptations: Austen to Zombies
Library Assignments for this Class
Assignment 1 (Take Home): Web page evaluation
Assignment 2. (In Class Today) Find one article from a scholarly, peer-reviewed journal which is relevant to your research interest. Use one or more of the resources listed under the ARTICLES tab above. You may order articles not available via Linfield (in fact, it is good practice to place orders for any items you want) but find ONE for this assignment that is available here so you can refer to the whole article when writing this assignment:
- Provide a citation in MLA style for the book.
- Indicate whether the article was available ONLINE in full text or if it was one you needed to find physically in the library.
- Briefly explain why you selected this article. What does it appear to offer?
Where Do I Start?
Research takes time.
- Choose a topic that really interests you. Start with your textbook and course materials, conversations with other students in the class and, of course, your professor. Then browse reference sources and/or Google to begin your exploration and find ideas.
- Explore more in depth. Read what others have published in books or periodical articles that you could develop into a topic.
- Develop and use a Search Strategy:
- Once you have identified a topic, write it as a question.
- Think of as many words as you can to describe your topic. Add more terms that you discover as you search.
- Combine the terms using Boolean Logic (AND, OR, NOT) to get more relevant sources
- Be flexible: You may decide to modify your topic as you gain knowledge about your topic.