Open Access at Linfield College
This 4-minute informational video was created to help educate people about open access. It provides a basic definition, addresses some common myths and questions, and introduces viewers to several open access resources.
Why Publish in DigitalCommons@Linfield?
There are many advantages to publishing your work in DigitalCommons@Linfield:
- Increased visibility for your scholarship and creative works
- Preservation and access to content through a permanent URL
- Promotion of open access principles
- Scholarly communication depends on access to research
- Sharing your work encourages others to share
- Providing direct access to articles and other content for users around the globe improves opportunities for knowledge exchange
- Monthly download reports to monitor usage and citations to your work
- Ability for students to link to their work in applications for graduate school or jobs
- Advancement of Linfield’s academic reputation
- Promotion of underutilized scholarship, including student work
- Opportunities to learn more about intellectual property, copyright, and author rights
Find out more about available access options and concerns about plagiarism.
DigitalCommons Coordinator/Associate Professor
The Linfield community can participate in open access publishing through Linfield's institutional repository, DigitalCommons@Linfield. DigitalCommons@Linfield promotes the discovery and sharing of, and provides long-term access to, the intellectual and creative works of the faculty, students, and staff of Linfield College, as well as the history and development of the College.
This 75-second video gives a brief introduction to DigitalCommons@Linfield.
What Content Is in DigitalCommons@Linfield?
Some examples of the varied collections in DigitalCommons@Linfield are:
- Faculty Articles, Essays, & Creative Writing
- Faculty Presentations
- Quercus: Linfield Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Student Art Exhibits and Toothpick Sculptures
- Launching through the Surf: The Dory Fleet of Pacific City
- Linfield College Archives Photograph Collection
- Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing
- Oregon Wine History Archive
- Campus Lectures